Community Helpers Emergent Reader

This free printable emergent reader book, "When I Grow Up", is a great way to learn about community helpers and occupations while practicing sight words. Kids can read, trace and color while talking about what they want to be when they grow up!

This free printable emergent reader book Community Helpers Emergent Reader

This FREE Community Helpers emergent reader book includes the following sight words: I, can, be, a. There are also decodable occupation words that kids can trace and pictures to color.

I can be a doctor.
I can be a teacher.
I can be a construction worker.
I can be a chef.
I can be a fire fighter.
I can be a farmer.
I can be a mail carrier.
I can be a police officer.
I can be a veterinarian.

Directions for Creating the book:
  • Print all sheets.
  • Cut sheets in half along the middle line
  • Put pages in order based on the page numbers
  • Use staples, clips or string to bind the book on the left side



For more community helpers activities, see the following posts: